Contentious Trusts and Probate Issues
“Dealing with contentious trust and probate issues can often be distressing for clients, which is why we focus on offering a sensitive and efficient approach to resolving disputes.” Claire Haverfield, Partner
Moore Blatch is one of just three solicitors firms in Hampshire that has the expertise to deal with contentious trust and probate matters. Claire Haverfield, a member of the Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Specialists, deals with all types of disputes relating to wills, estates and trusts.
We have over 10 years’ experience of taking cases to trial, and are able to draw on the expertise of our wealth management team. We act for any party – whether individual beneficiary, trustee, executor, administrator or charity – as either claimant or defendant.
We are also very familiar with various forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and find that they work particularly well for these types of disputes.
The types of case we regularly deal with include the following:-
• challenges to the validity of Wills
• claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
• applications for the removal of executors/trustees
• disputes between beneficiaries and trustees
• claims by trustees against third parties
• professional negligence claims relating to the drafting of wills and trusts
• professional negligence claims relating to the administration of estates and trusts