Rural & Agricultural
Our specialist rural and agricultural team serves the diverse legal requirements of owners and occupiers of land and those working in the rural and agricultural sectors. They provide a tailored service for a range of clients including individuals, families, businesses and institutions.
Our experts not only have in-depth legal knowledge of rural and agricultural law but also come from farming or country backgrounds so understand the broad issues involved in these sectors.
Our team prides itself on getting to know their clients and their businesses so that they can deliver prompt, practical and effective advice. They are readily available to discuss matters over the telephone, in any one of the firm’s five offices throughout the Southern region or at clients’ premises.
The team are members of the Agricultural Law Association, Country Land and Business Association and the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners, and have been instrumental in setting up the Agricultural Law Association South Central regional group.
Services provided by the team include:Property
- Sales and purchases of agricultural land and farms, landed estates, country homes, equine properties and development land
- Options and promotion agreements of development land
- Agricultural, residential and commercial lettings
- Bank lending against all types of rural property
- Covenants, easements and public access to land
- Renewable energy schemes
- Covenants, easements and right of way claims
- Agriculture Holdings Act and farm business tenancy disputes
- Disputes arising from the sale and purchase of land
- Manorial and sporting rights claims
- Adverse possession and trespass
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Debt collection and insolvency
- Partnership and company disputes
- Health & Safety
- Tax planning
- Wills and Probate
- Court of Protection
- Divorce and family matters
- Corporate restructuring and farm partnership agreements
- Sale and purchase of rural businesses