Supporting franchisors and franchisees in using a shared business model and identity At a glance
- Being part of franchised business can have significant benefits for both franchisors and franchisees, as your clients and customers will value an established brand.
- We have a dedicated team of franchise expert lawyers who have a wealth of experience in advising both franchisors and franchisees both locally and nationally.
If you are franchisor and operate within a franchised business model, then protecting the value of your brand and its unique way of working is critical. We will ensure that your commercial agreements are clear so that all parties understand and benefit from being part of your franchise.
If you are a franchisee, we can advise you on all stages of your franchise journey, from reviewing your franchise agreement, advising on day-to-day issues, right through to selling your business.
We advise businesses who are thinking about franchising their business, established franchisors with an extensive franchisee network and franchisors looking to sell their network. We offer guidance and assistance at each stage of the franchising journey including:
- Advice on franchising your business – advising on and drafting the pilot franchise agreement
- Drafting confidentiality agreements, pre-franchise agreements and franchise agreements
- Advice on protecting your brand – intellectual property advice including trademarks, patents and copyright
- Managing and updating existing agreements
- Assisting with franchisee exits and resales
- Getting your franchise ready for sale.
Our multi-disciplinary approach means that we can provide advice on all areas of your franchise operation, including intellectual property (IP), corporate, employment, property and dispute advice.
Additional services for franchisors include:
- Breach of confidentiality
- Damage to the franchisor’s brand by the franchisee
- Ancillary documentation e.g. shareholder agreements
- Property law advice
- Employment law advice
- Dispute resolution
We offer a complete service right the way through a franchising partnership and can always be on hand should you require ad-hoc advice.
Services for franchisees include:
- Advice on the purchase of a new or existing franchise business
- A fixed fee report on your franchise agreement
- Property and lease advice
- Employment law advice
- Disputes with franchisor
Multi-disciplinary legal advice
Drawing on a wealth of experience and expertise, we can advise franchisors and franchisees both nationally and locally on all aspects of franchising issues.
How can we help you?
News and latest updates
The use of social media by employees and how social media policies have been used by companies
Jasnoop Cheema | 16.01.2020
British Airways to be fined a record £183 million for data breach
Jasnoop Cheema | 08.07.2019
Follow us on social media