For the best experience on mobile, check out the Moore Blatch mobile app FREE

Get it on Google Play

023 8071 8000

Request a callback   |


023 8071 8000

or request a callback

International students

Education providers who wish to enroll students from outside the European Economic Area need to be registered with UK Visas and Immigration in order to provide sponsorship to them.

Tier 4 application guidance

As within the Tier 2 category, there are numerous requirements an organisation must meet before it is able to offer such sponsorship. The system is self-regulatory to the extent that the institutions themselves issue the relevant sponsorship documents, but there continue to be inspections by UK Visas and Immigration.

The consequences of not meeting the necessary requirements can be extremely serious.

We advise schools and universities on immigration issues arising from Tier 4 of the Points Based System. Some common matters with which we can assist include the following:

  • how to obtain and renew licences and Highly Trusted Sponsor status to sponsor students;

  • continuing to meet the requirements to maintain immigration compliance 

  • advice and assistance regarding the CAS process;

  • assisting with any applications refused.

Ongoing compliance with the requirements is a key obligation upon education providers seeking to sponsor overseas students. It is important that those involved with international admissions understand the system and are able to operate it.

We therefore provide training and compliance services for sponsors holding Tier 4 licences. As part of this, we conduct a full review of all existing systems in place to sponsor and monitor students and suggest any alterations which may be necessary as a result.

Contact Us

Request a callback

All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory