For the best experience on mobile, check out the Moore Blatch mobile app FREE

Get it on Google Play

023 8071 8000

Request a callback   |


023 8071 8000

or request a callback

"Tim Spring heads the ‘assiduous’ team at Moore Blatch LLP."

Legal 500 2016

View All > >


Gynaecological related errors can have devastating effects on the lives of women.

A gynaecologist is a medical professional who is specialised to deal with a woman’s reproductive system.

What can a claim for gynaecology include?

Gynaecology is concerned with disorders and conditions of the female reproductive system.  As with any branch of medicine, errors in treatment can and do happen, and the results that occur can be devastating.

Medical care and rehabilitation

Medical care for gynaecology errors can range from routine checkups to further surgery, sterilisation or even hysterectomy.

Long-term support and care

Many people who suffer from the effects of errors in treatment require some support for the rest of their lives. We have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can support you and work closely with you including:

  • Case managers who will assess and organise any support and care you may need;

  • Support workers who will visit you on a regular basis to provide you support and help;

  • Community rehabilitation such as occupational therapy.

When should I contact a solicitor?

You or your family should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. The sooner we can commence work on your claim the sooner we can begin to assist you.

We can advise you on your benefit rights and also advise on dealing with debts which might arise due to being off work. Our specialist community care team can also provide advice on your entitlement to health and social care support at home during the continuance of your claim.

Can I claim compensation for a gynaecological error?

Errors in treatment can be disabling. If you have been injured as a result of the negligence of your healthcare provider you may be able to claim compensation where you have suffered from:

  • Failed abortion resulting in wrongful birth;

  • Infection resulting in infertility;

  • Incontinence following an operation;

  • Failed sterilisation resulting in pregnancy;

  • Failure to treat ectopic pregnancies

  • Failed episiotomy.

If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of medical negligence please contact Tim Spring. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.

Request a callback

All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory