For the best experience on mobile, check out the Moore Blatch mobile app FREE

Get it on Google Play

023 8071 8000

Request a callback   |


023 8071 8000

or request a callback

"Tim Spring heads the ‘assiduous’ team at Moore Blatch LLP."

Legal 500 2016

View All > >

Neurological treatment and spinal injury

Neurological disorders affect your nervous system, your brain and spine and range from sleep disorders to cerebral palsy.

The effects of medical negligence in this area can be severely debilitating.

What do neurological and spinal claims cover?

Neurological and spinal injuries can have extremely serious effects on your life and can occur as a result of the negligence of your healthcare professional.  Examples of the effects of negligence can include, but are not limited to:

  • Paralysis

  • Brain damage

  • Death

Medical care and rehabilitation

Medical care for neurological and spinal problems can vary depending on the severity and specific problem from which you suffer.  In some cases, 24 hour care can be needed.

We have vast experience of working with rehabilitation units throughout the country and take an active role in providing quality information and advice to them about the extra resources that may be available. We work with rehabilitation experts both in the NHS and in the private sector to ensure the continuity of your care.

It is vital that you maximise your recovery through active rehabilitation. Our aim is to help rebuild your life by obtaining interim payments of compensation wherever possible to assist you with:

  • Rehabilitation

  • Re-education/training

  • Transport

  • Housing

  • Aids and equipment

  • Care support

  • Therapeutic services

  • Case management.

Long-term support and care

Many people who suffer from neurological or spinal disorders require some support for the rest of their lives. We have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can support you and can work closely with you. These include:

  • Case managers who will assess and organise any support and care you may need;

  • Support workers who will visit you on a regular basis to provide you support and help;

  • Community rehabilitation such as occupational therapy.

When should I contact a solicitor?

You or your family should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. The sooner we can commence work on your claim the sooner we can begin to assist you.

We can advise you on your benefit rights and also advise on dealing with debts which might arise due to being off work. Our specialist community care team can also provide advice on your entitlement to health and social care support at home during the continuance of your claim.

Can I claim compensation for my medical condition?

We may be able to help you with a claim for compensation where you have a neurological or spinal disorder which has been caused or worsened as a result of the negligence of your healthcare professional.

Examples of medical negligence can include, but are not limited to:

  • Failure to diagnose;

  • Lack of informed consent to a course of treatment or surgery – where if you had been made aware of the consequences of the treatment you would not have consented;

  • Negligence in the course of surgery.

If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of medical negligence please contact Tim Spring. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.

Request a callback

All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory