For the best experience on mobile, check out the Moore Blatch mobile app FREE

Get it on Google Play

023 8071 8000

Request a callback   |


023 8071 8000

or request a callback

"Tim Spring heads the ‘assiduous’ team at Moore Blatch LLP."

Legal 500 2016

View All > >


Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine dedicated to the anatomy, function and diseases of the eye.

If you suffer an eye infection or eye injury following a medical procedure, you may be able to make a compensation claim.

Errors in ophthalmic treatment may result in an adverse outcome to include visual impairment, blindness and ongoing neuropathic pain.

Medical care and rehabilitation

Medical care for errors made in relation to ophthalmic treatment can arise in a wide range of areas to include:

  • Laser eye treatment for correction of long or short sightedness

  • Cataract surgery

  • Management of metallic foreign body in eye

  • Delay in diagnosis and treatment of Glaucoma

  • Trauma to eyes and subsequent management

  • Corneal abrasions

  • Traumatic retinal detachment

  • Diabetic retinopathy

Every case will be different depending on the facts. We have vast experience of dealing with various ophthalmology claims and we work closely with rehabilitation units throughout the country.  We take an active role in providing quality information and advice to them about the extra resources that may be available. We work with rehabilitation experts both in the NHS and in the private sector to ensure the continuity of your care.

It is vital that you maximise your recovery through active rehabilitation. Our aim is to help rebuild your life by obtaining interim payments of compensation to assist you with:

  • Rehabilitation

  • Re-education/training

  • Transport

  • Housing

  • Aids and equipment

  • Care support

  • Therapeutic services

  • Case management.

Long-term support and care

Some people who suffer from ophthalmic injuries require support for the rest of their lives. We have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can assist you and can work closely with you. These include:

  • Case managers who will assess and organise any support and care you may need;

  • Support workers who will visit you on a regular basis to provide you support and help;

  • Community rehabilitation such as occupational therapy.

  • Charities and support groups.

When should I contact a solicitor?

You or your family should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. The sooner we can commence work on your claim the sooner we can begin to assist you.

We can advise you on your benefit rights and also advise on dealing with debts which might arise due to being off work. Our specialist community care team can also provide advice and support in relation to your ongoing entitlement to health and social care provision and support at home or in the community.

Can I claim compensation for a prescription error?

Errors in treatment can be made by a number of healthcare professionals and can vary greatly in the effect they have on a patient.  If you have experienced an error in treatment and have suffered injury then we may be able to help you make a claim.

If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of medical negligence please contact Tim Spring. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.

Request a callback

All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory