For the best experience on mobile, check out the Moore Blatch mobile app FREE

Get it on Google Play

023 8071 8000

Request a callback   |


023 8071 8000

or request a callback

"Moore Blatch has been brilliant. I can't fault their service - it's so good. I'm really impressed. We have had the best advice."

A private client: community care team

"I couldn't rate Moore Blatch more highly. We wouldn't have got so far without them. I'm recommending them to everyone who listens."

A private client: community care team

"Paula Barnes is an absolutely fantastic lawyer. she has just gone the extra mile for me."

A private client: community care team

"Mea is totally brilliant. She has a different style, but is very supportive and organised in terms of getting things done."

A private client: community care team

"Paula is very good at community care law and the rights of families with disabilities."

Independent third party: community care

View All > >

Housing needs

Sadly, often accommodation does not meet an individual’s needs after a serious accident, or injury, or in the face of disability, and alternative accommodation or adaptations are required.

Disabled facilities grants

Disabled facilities grants can be made available in an appropriate case. Frequently disputes arise in relation to the assessment process. There may be argument as to whether the works are both "necessary and appropriate" and "reasonable and practicable" in relation to the property. There can be disputes as to the level of adaptations needed. It can be an uphill struggle and a daunting process. We help families and individuals through the assessment process.

Allocation of social housing

In the case of council tenants Local Authorities are obliged to ensure that reasonable preference is given to people who need to move on medical or welfare grounds. The Housing Act specifically requires housing authorities to give additional preference or priority within their allocation scheme to people needing to move urgently because of a sudden disability. Once again frequently disputes can arise regarding allocation and in affording reasonable preference in circumstances where there is a shortage of social housing and even more so adapted housing stock. We support families and individuals in that process.

Have an enquiry? Please contact Mea Fyfe or phone 023 8071 8108.

Contact Us

Request a callback

All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory