For the best experience on mobile, check out the Moore Blatch mobile app FREE

Get it on Google Play

023 8071 8000

Request a callback   |


023 8071 8000

or request a callback

"Janata kept me fully informed at all times and understood straight away. I can't fault her in any respect."

A private client: education team

""Their experts are well informed and they are very efficient in the conduct of tribunal matters.""

Chambers and partners 2017

"Leena Hurloll regularly represents clients in high-profile education cases before the Court of Appeal and Upper Tribunal."

Chambers and partners 2017

"Janata has a good way of running cases. She is really nice to work with - practical and sensible and engages well with clients."

Independent third party: education

"Janata is very efficient and pleasant to deal with."

Independent third party: education

"Janata's preparation is very, very good. She is very organised and on top of her cases and meets deadlines well."

Independent third party: education

View All > >

Does your child have an Education Health and Care Plan?

If so, we would encourage you to take advantage of our 'EHCP Healthcheck'. 

Education Health and Care Plan ("EHCP") process

One of our Education team will assess your child's EHCP along with appendices and provide you with detailed, written advice, on the EHCP and whether or not we would recommend any changes be made.

This is particularly important for parents who have not had independent legal advice before on their child's EHCP. We find that almost all EHCPs issued by Local Authorities without legal advice, need some amendments making to them, to provide the right amount of detail about the child's needs and lawful provision to meet those needs.

It is extremely important that your child's EHCP is correctly drafted, to legally ensure that they receive the educational provision they need as well as naming an appropriate school.

Even if you believe the provision is adequately specified in Section F, you might be surprised to learn that EHCPs require much more detail than Local Authorities typically put in, and provisions such as Speech and Language therapy are usually educational needs and not health needs and should therefore be in Section F instead of Section G.

We will give advice on how to trigger a right of appeal to the First Tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability), if you do not already have one, and our suggested amendments can be used to form part of your Grounds for Appeal to the Tribunal.

If you wish to instruct us to carry out this work, or for further information please contact one of our team. We will need the following paperwork from you:

  • Final Education Health and Care Plan;

  • Appendices to the Education Health and Care Plan;

  • Covering letter from your Local Authority enclosing the final Education Health and Care Plan; and

  • Any independent expert reports you have commissioned.

Once we have prepared the advice, we can be instructed to carry out further work, including assisting you through the Tribunal appeal process, for an additional fee.

All of this is for a one off fee of  £1500 + VAT. We do offer reductions for people in receipt of working tax credits.

Request a callback

All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory