For the best experience on mobile, check out the Moore Blatch mobile app FREE

Get it on Google Play

023 8071 8000

Request a callback   |


023 8071 8000

or request a callback

""They provide great advice and support in terms of responding and helping us in understanding the process.""

Chambers and partners 2017

""Katherine is able to relate to us and make her advice very understandable""

Chambers and partners 2017

"Naomi Greenwood is held in high regard by clients for her "consideration and clear depth of experience,""

Chambers and partners 2017

"Commercial, pragmatic advice delivered on a timely basis"

Legal 500 2016

View All > >

Raising concerns about work issues

Do you have a concern at work? Are you unsure how to make yourself heard?

As an employee there are numerous things which could concern you at work including: working conditions, relationships with colleagues, terms and conditions of your employment.

We are on hand to give you the practical advice needed to successfully raise a concern.

Raising a concern can seem like a daunting process. We understand you need clear advice which focuses on the practical steps you can take to ensure the process of raising a concern with your employer is followed correctly. 

What is a concern?

As an employee there are numerous things which could concern you at work including (list not exhaustive):

  • working conditions;

  • relationships with colleagues;

  • terms and conditions of your employment;

  • health and safety;

  • bullying;

  • harassment;

  • new working practices; or

  • organisational changes.

What should I do?

The first step is to speak to your manager; this should be done promptly in order that the employer is given the best chance to resolve the concern. If you have a concern or an issue at work you should feel you are able to go to your manager and informally discuss this. However, not everyone feels confident that this would resolve the situation or that their manager would want to listen, therefore you may wish to seek legal advice from our friendly team before speaking to your manager to ensure you understand your position and your rights.

If you are not satisfied that this situation has been resolved informally then you may choose to make a formal grievance complaint in writing. Your manager may then arrange an investigation and a formal meeting, which we can help you prepare for and advise after.

You and your employer should ensure that they are following the ACAS code of practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures because if the claim is to reach an employment tribunal any compensation you might get could be adjusted by up to 25%.

Please contact Katherine Maxwell or Naomi Greenwood for further information.

Request a callback

All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory