Encephalitis is a rare inflammation of the brain which can develop when the immune system of your body attacks your brain or as a result of infection. This condition is considered as a medical emergency which needs to be diagnosed and treated urgently. The result if left untreated can cause long-term complications including:
- Memory loss
- Behavioural and personality changes
- Life threatening brain damage
We appreciate at Moore Blatch Resolve that encephalitis can change your life and we can assist you by providing you with legal assistance to help you improve the quality of your life through obtaining compensation. This can provide a lifeline for you following such a traumatic event in your life and enable you to maintain your independence and protect your rights as a disabled person.
Our aim is also to assist you to help rebuild your life and we can do this by obtaining interim payments of compensation to assist you with your:
- Re-education and training
- Aids and equipment
- Care support
- Therapeutic services
- Case management
We also have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can assist you with living as independently as possible. These include:
- Case managers who will assess and organise any support and care you may need;
- Support workers who will visit you on a regular basis to provide you support and help;
- Community rehabilitation such as occupational therapy.