Infectious diseases compensation claims At a glance
- If not diagnosed and treated quickly, the effects of infectious diseases can be extremely serious.
- If you have suffered due to medical negligence, you should contact a solicitor as soon as possible.
Infectious diseases can affect any of us at any time and can have severe consequences if not diagnosed and treated quickly. Infectious diseases are contagious and cause substantial damage which, if not detected and treated early enough, can ultimately result in death.
Infectious diseases can include but are not limited to:
- Respiratory disease
- Gastrointestinal diseases
The medical care associated with infectious diseases varies greatly depending on the seriousness of your situation but can range from a course of treatment to amputation of limbs or even death.
Compensation claims commonly arise in circumstances where:
- your healthcare professional failed to diagnose the condition promptly and you have reason to believe it should have been detected earlier;
- you received the incorrect treatment for the disease;
- you have contracted an infectious disease following an operation.
It is vital that you maximise your recovery through active rehabilitation. Our aim is to help rebuild your life by obtaining interim payments of compensation to assist with your:
- Aids and equipment
- Care support
- Therapeutic services
- Case management.
Helping you rebuild your life
Some people who have suffered from an infectious disease may require some support for the rest of their lives. We have a wide range of contacts with organisations that can assist you and can work closely with you including:
- Case managers who will assess and organise any support and care you may need;
- Support workers who will visit you on a regular basis to provide you support and help;
- Community rehabilitation such as occupational therapy.
If you think you have suffered due to medical negligence, you or your family should contact a solicitor as soon as possible. The sooner we can begin work on your claim the sooner we can begin to help you.
We can advise you on your benefit rights and also advise on dealing with debts which might arise due to you being off work. Our specialist community care team can also provide advice on your entitlement to health and social care support at home whilst your claim is being progressed.
If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of medical negligence please contact Tim Spring. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.
How can we help you?
News and latest updates
Moore Blatch secures £3.2 million compensation for mother of three
£3.2 million compensation received following failure to treat primary open-angle glaucoma
Neuropathic pain following neck surgery
Compensation settlement received for loss of vision
Follow us on social media