Compensation for medical events that never should have occurred At a glance
- Occasionally, serious and wholly preventable medical mistakes do happen.
- Our specialist medical negligence solicitors have successfully recovered compensation for many such events, representing clients across the UK.
NHS England acknowledge that there are certain serious incidents that are wholly preventable. There is guidance available which should be implemented by all healthcare providers to avoid such incidents occurring. These incidents are described as ‘Never Events’.
Never Events include:
- Surgery performed on the wrong site
- Surgical placement of the wrong implant or prosthesis
- Retention of a foreign object in a patient after surgery / invasive procedure
- Administration of medication via the wrong route (e.g. by an injection into a vein rather than by mouth)
- Misplacement of naso-gastric tube or oro-gastric tube into the chest rather than the stomach
- Overdose of Insulin
- Patient being scalded by water used for washing
- Pressure sores
Unfortunately, despite their name, Never Events do happen.
We have successfully recovered compensation for many individuals who have sadly been injured as a result of a Never Event.
In order to bring a Never Event claim it is important that you speak to a specialist medical negligence solicitor as soon as possible.
If you believe that you or someone you know has suffered as a result of a Never Event occurring please contact Tim Spring. We deal with clients throughout the country and we will visit you at your home, hospital or rehabilitation unit.
How can we help you?
News and latest updates
Moore Blatch secures £3.2 million compensation for mother of three
£3.2 million compensation received following failure to treat primary open-angle glaucoma
Neuropathic pain following neck surgery
Compensation settlement received for loss of vision
Follow us on social media