“Training contracts are a partnership between the trainee and the firm. We expect hard work, commitment, drive and a hunger to learn and develop into an effective solicitor. We will fully support your efforts and help you achieve your aims.”
Debra Emery, Partner and Training Principal
You will be given every opportunity to take on responsibility as your knowledge and experience increases. We encourage client contact early in your career. We will support you during your training but also expect you to take responsibility for your own learning and for developing additional skills.
Your training will normally be organised as four seats, each lasting six months. The allocation of seats depends on demand and the commercial needs of each business team. We try and take your preferences into account when allocating seats and ensure that you gain broad experience in both contentious and non-contentious work.
You will receive performance reviews at the end of each seat and will be able to discuss progress with your Training Principal. In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer:
- Appropriate CPD training and access to relevant courses including the Professional Skills Course
- A competitive salary above the Law Society guidelines
- 25 days holiday each year
- Group Life Assurance cover
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension where you pay 3% and we pay 5% of salary